Submitted: 06-21-2004 by K1 surf

Having poo-pooed this boat years ago when it came out and I was a rep for Prijon paddling a lot. I have now for the first time tried one out as a loaner until my Mako XT arrives. I've paddled futura II's and venturesport shearwater's which were very stable glass ski's. I 've also owned and paddled an older 80's design sprint boat. Now being 6'2" and 230lb. instead of 190 like I once was I find the sprinter to be a joy. It is way stable even for my weight and fairly fast for tupperware. The seat area needs to be padded[set up for the individuals taste] as it will otherwise tend to move you into the bad slouch position which is not good for good forward technique. Once set up properly it proves to be a very effective boat to practice technique and train in and feel like your getting somewhere and again is very stable if you've had a bit of experience in any real kayaks. My hat's off to Tim and Greg on this design. If only it could have been blowmolded in Germany could it be any better!

Harken Hoister: