Submitted: 06-07-2004 by maximadude

Bought this, our 1st. yak becuz the factory is 10 minutes from where I work, and they were holding their annual spring blow-out sale of factory seconds with slight imperfections. The deal was too good to pass up. Although having never kayaked nor researched various designs/mfg's./options, I just sorta jumped in and started paddling away without difficulties. Same goes for the wife. Never the less, we decided on some lessons fro Bernie Gray on the Bay of Quinte, Belleville. Bernie plunked us in some new Wilderness Systems Cape Lookouts. It didnt take long before I was questioning my Inuvik purchase since the Lookouts are obviously a different and better class of boat. That aside, once we were done lessons, we heade back to our Inuvik, and felt that it was still a really good baot in terms of our boating venues, those being small in-land cottage lakes as well as slow moving rivers. This boat holds a steady course when paddled directly into strong winds, and is easily manoeverable by myself,(6'1" 180), as well as by my wife, (5'2" 125). Our golden retriever has been addicted to canoeing for years, sitting by the boat all weekend waiting for the next trip, and had no problems hopping in this kayak as well. I found the added weight made the kayak track even slightly better. Great rec boat. Sorta curious about some sleeker designs however and will be checking out the Prijon Capri Touring and the Catalina, as our second boat.