Submitted: 05-10-2004 by hop31

I've had the guide for bit &b had it out several times & I wish to add to my previous review. I use this boat on stripper pits of several hundred acres & the wind is fierce, daily afternoon whitecaps. Solo, the canoe was useless, even sitting backwards on the front seat. I added 80# of sand ballast & now its a peach. When I use a 30# thrust electric motor, I place the battery forward (added 7' to cables) and reduce the ballast to 40#. This thing will fly. Don't however, go from full forward to full reverse. That might be a little more torque than you want. Stability is great. I have no qualms taking a grandchild. As stated, I am a Grandfather. Just what the heck is the problem with loading 74 lbs? Only problem that I have is when someone insists on helping. That's clumsy. Great boat! I love it.

Vasa, Inc.: