Submitted: 04-14-2004 by Jeb Bradfield

Purchased the Tarpon 140 on 3-9-04 and have taken 4 trips so far. Two on flat water and two on the San Francisco Bay. It performed just as advertised; faster than the Tarpon 120 and easier to manuever than the Tarpon 160. I purchased mine w/o out the rudder and have noticed it pulls a little to the left which requires me to make a few corrective strokes. I have also gone swimming off of it and it is very easy to get back into, which is a real plus if you plan using th 140 as a diving platform. I primarily use the 140 for Bay and coastal fishing which is what it was designed for. BIG tankwell for milkcrates, live bait tanks, air tanks and yes BIG FISH. I have mine set up with two rod holders behind the seat and the one scotty rodholder mounted directly in front of me. Will add an anchor system on the bow and plan to take an extended trip on my favorite Yosemite Lake. If you are looking for a solid fishing/diving 'yak, do not buy one without test paddling the Tarpon 140. Very happy with my purchase.