Submitted: 03-08-2004 by murn
Last year I decided to get back into racing shape. So as I was scrolling through the Internet I came upon the Speedpro in an ad. So I called Grayson up and he just happened to be going to Oakland, CA for a race. That is where my sister lives. I was able to try out the machine while visiting CA. A big smile broke out on my face as I started working out...11, 12, 15 km per hour were no problem for me. The machine felt really good. So then I borrowed Grayson's boat and tried it out on the water. The machine feels so much like the kayak it isn't funny! So I went back and tried the Speedpro again and found that it was so similar to paddling that I placed my order right then and there. Late last October the machine arrived. So after a little bit of work we got it all set up and tried it out. I could not believe how great it felt. The seat and the foot rest were fantastic. So then I went out and paddled my kayak. It was so similar, it was amazing! Now on to part 2...

Last November I had surgery on both my hands and went two months with no upper body workout at all. I started using the machine about 10 minutes at a time, a couple times a week. I started to train for cross country ski racing and still used the Speedpro once or twice a week with some pretty good workouts (up to 45 minutes at a time). In February '04 I was back in CA for another kayak race. I borrowed a surf ski that I had never paddled before. After getting over the instability (not being in a boat for 4 months) I started the race and went right to the front. I was paddling like I had been in a boat all year long...no BS...I raced with several guys all the way and then out-sprinted them at the end to win. So if you are looking for the high quality training machine and can't get to the water because of daylight, cold water, distance this is for you! Call Grayson and talk to him. Listen to him very carefully. He is a world-class paddler who knows the sport inside and out. He will not steer you wrong. DO IT!