Submitted: 12-17-2003 by The Bullet

Mine is a fiberglass Solstice GTX. Having guided many a kayak trip, from Lake Powell to the Sea of Cortez in Mexico, my first choice of my seven different kayaks is my Current Design. I base this choice on a trip on the Sea of Cortez when an unexpected storm hit us with 8-10 foot swells with a following sea. Of the 8 kayaks, 3 were Current Design Solstice. Before the day was over we had led most of the trip with little or no problems compared to our fellow kayakers. I feel the design gave the three of us an advantage in a situation that went from bad to worse. At 6' and 260 lbs plus camping gear the stability was unreal. With the rudder we were able to handle the following sea like the sea lions we had been paddling with just prior to the storm. In closing I can only say I'm glad I was paddling my Current Design as opposed to any of the other 6 boats that I presently own.