Submitted: 09-17-2003 by scatchon

I've been fishing this thing for well over a year now, just about every weekend the weather allows, and I love it. Stability, price, functionality; it's got it all. Yes the ride is wet, if you dont use scupper plugs, but I drop them in every time with some electrical tape wrapped around them to prevent any leaks, and the only water I get in the boat is from paddle drips and the occasional unexpected swell.

I use mine for costal fishing and have been in everything from calm 1-foot seas to blowing 3-4 foot seas, and have never had a problem with stability. It tracks pretty well. Im usually anchored in some pretty strong currents/winds and am thinking about getting a rudder to help control the angle of the boat for casting.

There's enough room for a cooler in the back (yeah!) and plently of room to pack a folding chair and some other non-fishing related stuff for when I just want to paddle out to the sandbar and crack open a cold rine to relax.

Writing this review has me stoked for the weekend. I would suggest this boat to any paddler who likes to have, or needs to have, a little extra room. Buy a longer paddle, it's wide. I jusr recently bought a seabound expedition paddle and it seems to move the boat pretty well.

Freedom Hawk Kayaks: