Submitted: 09-09-1999 by seark
Respectfully disagree with Linda and Allen - Extra floatation won't hurt but it isn't necessary. My Loon 120 sits right where its suppose to even with a full load. Speaking of which, I just bought a second kayak, a Loon 138, solo model. It has much more stowing capacity than the 120 - nice for fishing tackle, camera, binoculars, etc. The difference in length however does make it harder to carry and load onto a rack - especially if you are travelling solo! The 138 doesn't feel quite as easy to manuver as the 120, but it is slightly faster and tracks perhaps a little better. If you are trying to decide between the two - PADDLE THEM BOTH FIRST. The fit is different and I've found that friends have formed a quick and definite personal preference between the two. I like both, depending on where I'm going and what I'm taking with me.