Submitted: 08-22-2003 by Tim

This review is based on a 1 day paddle when I rented a Storm. I was very surprised by the maneuverability of the Storm and its secondary stability. You can really turn this 17' boat if you want to. I paddled it through some tight turns in a creek with no problems. The Storm was easy to get in and out of. It had plenty of room for my pathetic 240 pounds. The primary and secondary stability are excellent. It is maneuverable yet tracks extremely well. The seat was fairly comfortable. Even though the Storm is 64 lbs I found it easy to load and carry with one hand. The quality of everything seemed very good. The speed of the boat seemed pretty good too.

I only have a few gripes: I'm short legged so the thigh supports were on top of my knees. This is a boat for big fellers. I'm not crazy about the hatch gaskets. They are a pain to get back on. That's it!!! Overall I was very impressed with the boat. I can't imagine there being a better 17' plastic boat.