Submitted: 07-22-2003 by ghaldeman

I'd describe this as a rough water, light tripping canoe. Definitely designed for moving water, I think this would be a very different boat with a load. I have only used it on the Slippery Rock Creek in PA, but I got through everywhere high and dry. It turns easily (but no like my Dagger Encore), was comfortable for an 8 hour day, caught eddies and tracked straight enough for moving water. It's light weight (compared to my MR Freedom) made it a pleasure to be enjoyed. I was fishing a lot of the day and it was easy to place anywhere and went upstream easily to unsnag lures. I wouldn't hesitate to use this on class III (airbags, natch) or near shore lake trips. I think the wind would play havoc on open water. The boat responds well to proper and efficient strokes. For the experienced paddler, it just goes without thinking too much.

Portage Pal: