Submitted: 05-19-2003 by TAL

Had my boat about a month now and have paddled it over a dozen times and love it more every time I get to use it. It has all been said before about the Drifter and you should believe every word. The only draw back is the wet ride. Every thing else is excellent. I had a rudder installed on mine and I would not trade it for the world. The rudder is really not at all neccessary for crusing around even though it does make it much easier in strong wind. However it works great for fishing down shorelines. I drifted nearly half a mile down a shoreline fishing using the rudder to keep me just casting distance away from the grass line and I never had to pick up my paddle once. Like every one else I'ld have given it a 10 if not for the small swimming pool that ocean kayak installed right in the middle of the boat but as long as it warm outside a little water isnt really that big of a deal. I got a set of scupper plugs from the dealer and they help a lot but if your in the water very long the water still seaps in some. Also the Drifter Scupper plug set does not fit real well because the front and back scupper holes are not exactly the same size. The dealer was nice enough to take the scupper plugs from several different kits and mix and match them so the fit my boat.