Submitted: 09-26-2002 by brewbier

This past spring I sold my powerboat after too many expensive repair bills. I took the money and bought two Guide 147 canoes. Best watercraft move I've made. As all reviewers state, the primary stability is shaky, but the secondary stability is excellent. We've taken these out on several lakes and have been able to withstand powerboat wakes without problem. This is especially critical for us since my wife and I take out our two sons, 8 & 12, every time we launch. These are excellent canoes for lakes, rivers, trips, and just fishing out of. The only drawback is the weight. My wife and I got a system down now for getting them up, but it is still a minor struggle to get them down from the top of the pick-up. The bright side is, in a couple of years our two boys will be loading and unloading them for us! I strongly recommend this canoe for all activities, and especially those families with kids.