Submitted: 09-17-2002 by tommings
I've had my 16 since 1993 and have put it into a a few different spots. I bought it because it could do a little bit of everything, and that it has done. However, I think that is also what I have come to see as it's handicap as well... For rivers I ran in Missouri I'd recommend the Camper or other model with more initial stability - I have paddled with a group of Campers and Penobscots and the campers definitely were the ticket for non-technical river runs with occasional tough spots, far more maneuverability than the semi-keeled Penobscots. Have been pleased lately with the ride in Minnesota lakes, but it has always been tought to handle with a lighter load and moderate wind - not a shock, but definitely an inconvenience when the wind comes up suddenly and you have a ways yet to paddle. A good place to start, but I'm now looking for something different as I learn better what I want in a canoe.