Submitted: 08-26-2002 by brshiver

I purchased a new plastic Storm w/rudder at the start of summer and have been out every week since. After checking out various manufacturers, this kayak was the best choice for the money. I'm 6'4" & 235#. The boat handles easily and is very comfortable. Its stability both inital and secondary gives you immediate confidence. The leg room and seat fit great. Paddling is responsive and the Storm gets to speed immediately and crusies very well. As an intermediate paddler, the storm handles fine without the rudder. The rudder does make windy conditions alot easier. At 17' long it requires some effort to car top. I have used it on large lakes and several 3/4 day trips. It has good storage and I've had no problems with leaks and everything has stayed dry. The Storm really handles rough water compared with other kayaks that paddle with me. Current Design built me a kayak that is a solid performer and great fun. I would highly recommend the Storm for larger paddlers. The smile after a day's paddle says it all.