Submitted: 07-16-2002 by Steven

I?m planning to by another sea kayak to replace my aging Aquaterra Scimitar; the Storm is high on my list. I live in Texas where heat is a major concern; right now I?m in the process of checking out the durability of my ?potential? new kayaks. I e-mailed Wenonah (Current Designs US distributor) and to gather some information on the rigidity of their hull, they responded very quickly and with good answers. Here?s their response (verbatim): Our most recent poly kayaks have the ABS plastic bulkheads. We switched from the foam last July or August. As for the plastic, all the kayaks are made of the same. However, we did switch to a more dense plastic in April 1999. All plastics become somewhat soft after being exposed to the sun, however we have placed additional reinforcement in the keel line. This is the area which is affected the most, and makes the greatest difference in paddling.

Sounds like they have made some excellent improvements.