Submitted: 02-20-2002 by Dave B.

Performance - the one word I see repeatedly in reviews of the 700 and the word that got me interested. Certainly all of the QCC boats are "performance" boats within their volume, length and width categories. Having previously owned (and loved) a 500 (kevlar) I considered that boat extremely stable, enjoyable and efficient. Having developed a taste for fitness and competition paddling I wanted to graduate to a higher level of speed potential and hopefully not sacrifice the inherent characteristics of a sea kayak voila! the 700. A very fast kayak that still handles the wind, chop, swells and currents you want in this type of boat without demanding extreme balance skills. I can legitimately average just over 6 mph for 2 hours in calm water (GPS verified). That may not matter to many but if you paddle with others, whatever your goals may be, efficiency is important you don't play catch-up in this boat.

Absolutely wonderful design, quality, customer service and support. My 700 is carbon/kevlar and a beautiful red over white. You can count on the QCC folks just as they counted on John Winters for his expertise and design brilliance. I have counted on QCC with two boats and wouldn't hesitate again. I lost a few nights sleep initially worrying about a sight-unseen purchase of this magnitude. Don't worry! You won't be disappointed. GO FAST and ENJOY!