Submitted: 07-23-2001 by Neal Coats

I bought a used one about a month ago. It's a 1997 model and the woodwork had not been touched since it was new. I bought the Mad River stain and wood finish and redid the woodwork with a dark finish. The canoe is sand colored and the dark wood really sets it off. I took it for it's first paddle this weekend. I weigh 200 pounds and had about 60 pounds of camping gear. I have a bad right shoulder so I have to use a double paddle (240cm). The river had quite a few riffles and some class I and one class II. Many, many long slow pools. With the double paddle, it moves right along. In the class I and II, pick a good line and the boat won't disappoint you. Being as it is made with Royalex I consider it a super river tripping solo boat if you use common sense and realize that no loaded tripping boat is a whitewater boat. I look forward to many more river trips in it.