Submitted: 04-25-1999 by David Smith

GREAT CANOE!!! I have the Tufweave X-Rib model. It has good glide and great stability. The Spirit II has an indescribable good feel that only Wenonah seems to be able to build into thier designs.I find it very easy to paddle solo . It tracks well but also turns easily. This is a plus when paddling with a novice or child in the bow seat and all steering must be done from the stern.My Spirit has the tractor style seats which I find comfortable.My only complaint with the canoe is the fact that it does not come standard with a portage yoke.To install a yoke you must drill out the pop rivets holding in the thwart and then pop rivet brackets into the gunwales.This isn't to hard but time consuming and nerve racking since you are having to drill holes into your new canoe. It would be so easy for the factory to do this and probably wouldn't add $20 to the cost of the canoe.