Submitted: 02-28-2014 by Brandon Baker

LOVE this canoe AFTER I lowered the seat. The seat as is stinks. It sits too flat and you feel like you are going to slide off of it. I dropped the seat down by 2" at the front and 4" in the back. It is very comfortable now. I put foot pegs in it too which made it a lot better.

This boat tracks pretty straight overall. Due to the length, this thing turns pretty well too. It won't win any races, but it works well for river paddling. Out of all the boats that I have owned or paddled, this one is one of the best. For the price, this thing is great. It can haul a lot of gear. I am about 280lbs and this thing holds me and any gear that I have with ease.

I highly recommend this boat. Dicks sells an identical version of this boat called the Kaynoe. It says its a field and stream, but it is exactly the same as the Discovery 119. I got the Kaynoe there as a blem for $300. One of the best deals for one of the best boats out there. DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed that you did.