Submitted: 11-18-2013 by tntmoriv

I have had this canoe 3 years, purchased locally during a season-end clearance for just under $400. I immediately noticed a need for a longer kayak style paddle, since it had operator induced tracking difficulties. A 270 cm bending branches double end paddle cured that.

Like most people here I had issues with the seat; not horrible, but not comfortable and too high. But my biggest complaint was that the butt cheek molded sockets did not allow left or right trim adjustments for wind or waves. So I ordered a 4-inch drop dowel set from northwest canoe supply, and a wood web seat, and installed it where the other one was. Then after trying it, I moved it back 4 inches father aft, to help with front-rear trim and tracking, now it is perfect for me. But I love to tinker and make things my own, even if something is mostly ok already like a lousy molded plastic seat on a weird metal space age frame.

I give it a 9/10 because it floats this 200 lb paddler, plus gear, in less than 3 inches of water. It is durable, reasonably light (40 lbs after seat mod), and very affordable. It maneuvers well, tracks ok, and handles wind and waves safely. It is stable initially and when leaned. It is easy to modify if you want, and the polylink hull is really tough. Good inexpensive solo boat for a brief fishing trip and a week out on the river. Get this boat and a $150 paddle, and you are still into it for less than half or a quarter of what most solo canoes sell for, and you will have a reliable, durable, fun, and useful boat that you will use a lot and enjoy for a long time. Mainly, I love that it gets me out anytime!