Submitted: 08-19-2013 by Astrelfrog
The Old Town Pack is one tough little boat! At 12', it's a little small to fit a standard commercial canoe trailer. On one such shuttle out of Boiling Springs Campground, Dixon, Missouri, the Pack was put on the rack, and trucked down I-44 at highway speeds. When we reached the put-in, the Pack was nowhere to be seen. The bus driver was the campground owner, and he turned noticeably green on discovering this. A few minutes later, the Pack showed up, now in the bed of an aluminum jonboat being hauled by one of our party.

"I saw that boat go flying," the man said. "It came down on the front bottom, and skidded down the highway. We knew it came off the trailer so we picked it up." My brother, owner of the Pack checked it over. No damage, and our float began as if nothing whatsoever had happened.

It made a believer of the canoe livery owner, as he just kept shaking his head in relief at the sight. "I guess I'll have to get some of those boats," he said.