Submitted: 08-03-2013 by edzep
I'm on my 2nd Camano. I think it's one of the better values in paddles, and often recommend them to paddlers that want to upgrade from their $65 rec paddles. I first had an older Camano with white blades, blue shaft, and 2-position snap-button ferrule. After 6 or 7 years of regular seasonal use, it still looked very good, but, I sold it when I got a sportier Epic paddle. The Camanos currently list for $265, but, I needed a backup paddle, and picked up a Camano during an REI sale, which, with other incentives, brought my effective price down below $180.

I'm impressed with the new design of the Camano. It's lighter than my old one, and, it has a very nice ferrule, which even includes a feather indicator. I really like Werner shafts, which allow decent grip, yet rotate easily in your off-hand. I got mine with single-color translucent fiberglass blades. I see they are now available in a 2-tone swirl or wave, but, I have not yet seen one of them.