Submitted: 07-01-2013 by Anthony

I have owned 2 OT Packs, as well as a large number of other canoes and kayaks. For my purposes of fishing in calm water and general paddling it is ideal. About stability, I have never considered leaving the seat in its original position. I always lower the seat or install my own with solo canoes. It makes the boat much more stable and comfortable. What I usually do is to remove the seat, and then place a homemade removable seat (with back) on the floor of the canoe. I can vary my leg position, sometimes sitting cross legged and at other times with legs out stretched. I have never had the slightest stability problem. For best results before I put my seat in the boat I put down a small rug with rubber backing to stick to the floor. It makes for a quiet and secure ride. I use a kayak paddle for covering large distances but sometimes when at a good fishing spot I also use a short paddle for maneuvering. Very satisfied.