Submitted: 06-24-2013 by Bill_Stevenson
I reviewed this paddle 10 years ago in bent shaft all carbon configuration. That paddle is still in use and still a very nice paddle. Over the years Werner has made several improvements and offers additional options.

First let me say that the Camano is a low angle, recreational paddle. Let me say that this is exactly what I need in a paddle, but you should first decide your use for the paddle and your paddling style before making a decision about what paddle to buy.

Back to the Camano, whereas my old one offers two positions, feathered or not, the new ones feature multiple angle adjustments for feather. This feature can help some people find a comfortable level of feather and it is exactly repeatable because there is an indexing scale built right into the paddle. The new Camano carbon is a few ounces lighter than the old ones. There are configuration options too. I recently bought a bent shaft carbon Camano with bright yellow fiberglass blades. It is not much heavier than my old all carbon fiber Camano and offers both greater durability for river use, and greater visibility for use in high boating traffic situations.

I keep trying different paddles, but for me, my use, my paddling style, the Camano continues to perform better than any other. Highly recommended.