Submitted: 06-13-2013 by raykruse
The most enjoyable kayak I've ever owned.
I'm not sure how someone could have difficulty steering this kayak (maybe they installed the small rudder or their rudder lines are stuck?) And it makes no difference whether you pedal or paddle, just use the rudder for pedal and lift when paddling! If your Mirage fins fell off, you didn't mount the drive correctly (beginner mistake...I also made).

Very stable, yet it's the fastest kayak on the water with 2 people using the mirage drives. We always have to wait for our friends during trips. This is my 4th kayak and it's a Cadillac compared to the rest of my fleet. Everything is well thought out, easy to access, easy to function, great storage, bottle holders, comfortable stock seats, I really can't think of any drawbacks other than wishing it was lighter (it is a tandem).

Versatile; it handles 7' ocean swells just as easily as flat water or river running. I haven't been able to flip it over even when sailing it (which says a lot). Try one or buy one (you will buy one if you try one). Simply the best in it's class.