Submitted: 06-10-2013 by Art

We purchased our Big House 4 from HumbleOutdoors for about $270, it came with a free footprint.

This tent was fantastic for 2 people and a dog, car camping through the National Parks in Utah, Colorado and Wyoming on a 60-night trip! Had temps from a high of 101 to a low of 27, and several t-storms. This tent was great in all, although I'd opt for something smaller (to concentrate body heat) with less screen if I was doing a trip solely in cold weather.

Very sturdy in winds, assuming you use the guy lines (we added more -- there are plenty of attachment points). Having three poles makes it very stable, and metal poles are much tougher than fiberglass.

The best thing about this tent in really hot areas is that the poles and guy lines are set up so that you can roll the sides of the rain fly up to allow for maximum ventilation WITHOUT taking the fly off. This means that if rain hits, it literally takes about 30 seconds to unroll the sides and clip them down. This is a HUGE advantage over many other "well-ventilated" tents. We had many other campers asking to see our tent when they saw the rolled up sides.

The only negative is that in a real downpour, the zipper fabric wicks up water and a little ends up on the inside of the tent. So I guess I wouldn't use in it a rain forest!

We've now done over 90 nights in this tent, and highly recommend it for car camping (too heavy for backpacking). The carry bag that comes with it is the best I've ever gotten with a tent -- poles and everything fit perfectly and there's enough room that a real person (not just the machine at the factory) can make it fit.

Space Trailers :