Submitted: 05-19-2013 by AB

I purchased my Hullavator from HumblePower for $470, it was shipped free to my home. For a short female doing your own loading, this system is AWESOME!!! Some call it pricey, but hey...you get what you pay for. It makes loading a kayak soooo easy! The only thing I have problems with is getting the loading arms correctly positioned on the frame. It's difficult to line up the holes so one can insert the pins that hold the arms to the frame. I'm 5'4" and have a tall car (Hyundai Santa Fe) so holding the arms up (each one weighs about 25#)and trying to align all the holes can be a little difficult. That is the ONLY drawback for me, but a taller person might not have this issue.

The system comes with a video on how to load it, straps for securing the kayak to the arms and extra fore and aft tie-downs. The roof rack bars have locks, but the arms don't so I bought a couple of long cable locks for when I leave the car to kayak.
Every time I use it I find myself saying out loud, "I LOVE this thing!"

Pygmy Boats: