Submitted: 04-14-2013 by dbinbend

If you want to purchase only one kayak that could do almost anything well, this is the one. I've had a Journey for several years now and have used it for everything from day trip pond paddling to multi-day open water (well, the lower Columbia River when it's blowing like stink). Its manners are impeccable and inspire confidence. As an example, last summer I went with a couple of guys on a three-day trip on the lower Columbia. It was windy (20knots+ at times) with swells of several feet (oh, during salmon season with powerboats racing to get to the best fishing holes and and freighters going up and downriver too). I started out in another kayak the same size but less stable and became overwhelmed (read-inexperienced) with the conditions. I traded kayaks with a more experienced kayaker who had borrowed my Journey for the trip, and all of a sudden the trip became enjoyable - riding over waves instead of through them, and feeling the stability as we crossed the river through the swells. It was like having an old friend again.

Everything that the previous reviewers said I agree with, so I won't go into those details. Eddylines are made in the good ol' USA and are top quality. I haven't seen anything near the price that compares. In summary: try it, you'll like it. It's a kayak that you don't outgrow.