Submitted: 04-02-2013 by JohnPBlair
Value for money - Clearwater Design gets full marks! I bought an Iqaluit for fishing two years ago. Modified the boat by adding a pulley system for an anchor, secured sections of pool noodle in the bow (buoyancy in case of flipping), a pole holder just aft of the cockpit and a homemade "tabletop" for lures etc.

Just a month ago, I picked up the big brother Clearwater Design Inuvik. Same expanse of an open cockpit but an extra 50 pounds of payload. I bought the lumbar seat and swapped out the original molded plastic one. This gave me about 10 inches of open space behind the new seat and the aft bulkhead - nice! I cut in two fish pole holders again just aft of the cockpit and most excellent, I bought the fish deck table that is custom designed and molded to snap over the front of the open cockpit. This fish deck is well thought out and includes an adjustable Scotty pole holder.

Can't wait for the ice to get off the lakes up here in Northern Ontario so I can get in the water!! Oh, a different approach for added buoyancy - for this boat I secured a kiddies playground rubber ball up in the nose. Very very pleased with these Clearwater Design siblings