Submitted: 02-10-2013 by PK

As a long time Traveler fan and veteran of the NFCT (Northern Forest Canoe Trail), I agree with every single statement posted here. The Traveler is an elegant boat, and fast. You can sit your partner right in front of you on the floor, and the boat is still balanced for a quick cruise with minimal gear. And there's enough volume in the boat for a big person to trip for a week or more. She tracks very well, so the implications of a tight whitewater situation demand some respect--the boat is not highly maneuverable in a tight situation. And in fiberglass, she is cruelly heavy! How I would love to have this boat in a kevlar layup. I've replaced the wood twice on my traveler, and it is my go to boat for big lake tripping and fly fishing. She is infinitely more fun than the Explorer, of course, and the paddling experience is way beyond compare--as you would expect. The Explorer with a knee brace is a dog in comparison (except in whitewater) and I am a proud defender of the Explorer... I own six of them and use them as solo boats often. My boat of choice for the NFCT was a MR Guide, which is a real dog on flatwater. I would have taken a kevlar Traveler had I owned one, but it would have taken a real beating in the bony rivers of the Northeast.