Submitted: 01-29-2013 by Pappy

I enjoy this kayak each time I put it on the lake. It's a basic yak without the added options (easily added) and it is light enough to carry over your head or in one hand at your side. There are convenient molded-in carry handles on both sides and the kayak seems well balanced when you need to use them. There are carry handles on each end as well.

I like the built-in footrest over my other kayak's adjustable footrest rails. I enjoy being able to easily change leg & foot positions any time I need to get more comfortable. This is a dry kayak that tracks & glides well. It also turns on a dime with ease. I use a Werner Shuna 215cm paddle and have a fairly high angle stroke and this boat will flat get it done. Plus, I was able to buy it locally for under $300 at The Academy.

I bought this kayak because it was so different than my Heritage Angler 10' (which is awesome too). The Apex 100 is just sportier. I will be purchasing a 12-14' kayak as my third boat and I am glad that I will have the Apex 100 for our guests to enjoy on the lake. I recommend it.

Harken Hoister: