Submitted: 01-24-2013 by terry davison

Where do I start? I have been paddling for years now and about 2 years ago I got hooked on ultra long distance racing. I currently use an Epic 18X and a Epic V-10 Sport. Anyway as much as I like my Epic 18X (I've posted great reviews on it), I wanted a surf ski that was fast, stable, and had bulkheads and storage. I emailed Greg Barton of Epic and asked him if they had any plans on building one. He quickly emailed me back and said no, but they did have the V6 Tourer. I wanted no less than 18 feet so I started looking elsewhere. I came across Stellar's new S18S. After reading reviews on it, and closely looking over the spec's I ordered one in the Advantage lay-up.

This past week I tested it against my 18X, and my V-10. I can attest with confidence that I like it better in most regards than the Epic 18X. The fit and finish is excellent, and the features that it has is unheard of in any surf ski's that i have found.

The performance is the best part! It glides very well, and the steering is the best that i have ever paddled. Obviously its very fast as Joe Zellner won last year's MR 340, and the Dakota challenge with one. I do not expect to win this year's MR340 on it, yet I can't wait to paddle it on this incredible race.

Kudos to Stellar Kayaks for building such a wonderful product.