Submitted: 01-09-2013 by surfdgo425

Tested this paddle at the East Coast Paddle Festival in Charleston, SC April 2012. Was using a Werner Shuna at the time. Also have a Tybee (same design, more weight, different blade composition). I was pretty happy with the Shuna, but tried the Xception when a rep who's boat I was trying (Confluence...) suggested it. So, with a great deal of trepidation, I did. I had paddled the Werner Ikelos bent shafts before, and again at the festival.

The Xception bent shaft just felt great. I have a slightly high paddle angle, and from the look of it didn't think this blade would favor my style, but it does. Also, the shaft bend and diameter feel more natural and comfortable to me. While the Xception has really noticeable. Great balance and weight. So, I bought one.

This paddle is quieter than the Shuna. May be the foam core, but it's much more fluid through the fluid. (Sorry, couldn't help myself there...) Paddled with my Shuna today. Up the creek, in the swamp, back down the creek. A nice paddle, but I really missed the Xception. Nice and stiff shaft, ferrule works great. Can't really think of anything I don't like about this paddle. Was a bit pricey, but I feel it's well worth the investment. Would purchase again.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: