Submitted: 12-07-2012 by scootchels

I agree with the previous reviews so I can keep this brief. This boat is FAST and tippy-ish. It's not as fast as an 18" wide surfski, but it also isn't as tippy. It isn't as light as a kevlar K-1, but it also isn't as fragile. It's a comparative financial bargain, too.

Here is my bottom line: If you want a quick, robust, boat for adventure racing or fast workouts, but don't want to spend $1M or be overly cautious with how you treat it, this is the perfect choice. I am 20% faster in this boat than my "performance" 'glass sea kayak.

Be prepared for a swim and some buyers remorse on the first few outings, but push through and it becomes fun. By the way, Cobra has stopped making the boat and no longer has any in the warehouse. You will need to buy a leftover in a shop or go used, but the build quality is quite nice.