Submitted: 11-30-2012 by Mark Alderson

I have been paddling the Cirus for about 18 months and am thoroughly enjoying having it. I would describe it as a good all round boat. I paddle with many other paddlers who use commercially produced sea kayaks and have no trouble keeping up, even with those who have rudders and boats up to 2ft longer.

I have had it in some very rough seas up to 18ft - probably not wise but the boat handled it very well. It rolls easily and turns nicely although is out turned by other boats.

Two criticisms are:
- In my opinion it definitely does weathercock. Paddling side on to the wind leaves me leaning and putting one side of the paddle in the water constantly. Since retro-fitting a skeg I have had no problems with this.
- The cambered deck requires patience and accuracy to get right. Not as simple as a Chesapeake one piece deck for example.

Other than this - very happy.