Submitted: 11-15-2012 by K2

Have had our Old Towne Guide 147 for about 3 years now. We love it! It is a bit heavy as others have mentioned, but with my son and I carrying it loaded with our gear it really isn't too much trouble. It is a bit tippy when you first get in it but as soon as we settle in and relax it doesn't seem to be bad at all. I purchased a removable third seat for it and have had a 3rd teenage boy in it with us. A bit cramped but did not affect the stability of the craft. I grew up living on a lake and had owned a 17' aluminum canoe since I was 14 up until my late 30's when I sold that one to move West.I have been looking for a replacement for that one for 10 years, and am very pleased with this one. I have yet to tip this one, as it could be my experience that has prevented us from doing so. If you want a good family utility canoe for the money the Guide 147 is the one to get.