Submitted: 09-06-2012 by UP River Fisherman

I bought my boat spring of 2012. I was looking for a fishing/white water boat that I could paddle upstream through a chute to fish the next pool, then paddle back down to my vehicle. I am 6 feet tall and 240 pounds.

This boat works for what I bought it for. It can ferry and can eddy turn. I can fish from it. I cannot stand up in it. I cannot use the high seat position, only the low seat position. The boat is heavy for it's length, and is awkward to load and unload from a vehicle rack. The carry handles are where the rod tie-downs should be and vice-versa. The compartment lids have bungees run though them so they are not water tight. But if you use small water tight bags, you can camp out of it. I use a long kayak paddle, but on small lakes or slow rivers, I prefer a bent shaft paddle. I added carabineers to guide anchor/mooring lines, and I added anchor cleats by the carry handle. I added a Scotty rod holder mid-ships. Many of the features for fishing are weak or need modification. Plan on getting hung up on vertical stumps. I have better boats for birding, hunting, or photography. The seat is very comfortable. I like the camo choices. I like the relatively easy in and out.

I would rate this boat as above average, not outstanding. It does fill a unique niche in my boat fleet. Happy paddling!

American Traders: