Submitted: 09-05-2012 by fjp110

I bought a used one in March and love it! I called Old Town and it is exactly the same as the Discovery just a different color made exclusively for Dick's Sporting Goods.

I mainly use a long kayak paddle to get around on flat water. It handles great with that paddle. I did have to buy a longer one to keep the drip off my legs. When floating rivers I use a regular canoe paddle. The boat is really stable, I have no idea where the other reviewers get the idea it is tippy. I am really impressed with the stability and have had no close calls.

I use the boat to fish and tour. I really prefer a canoe for fishing due to the higher walls, they seem to keep the gear in better. no really fast water use, but it is not built for that. I will be using it to crab out of on Maryland this month. I expect it to work great for that too.

I really think if you are looking for a solo canoe this is a great boat: light weight, durable, and the price is right