Submitted: 08-29-2012 by PAJ

DON'T BUY THIS KAYAK!!!!!
Now that I have safely returned my purchase and exchanged it for a demo Seaward Chilco (made in Canada) I can safely write a review.

To call this kayak crap is an under-statement.
I bought the kayak as it was on-sale for $1,000 less than the msrp. There are very few reviews and at best they are mildly positive. I watched and Aussi video and the guy said "This is the kayak other kayaks run from"... that's because they don't want to be associated with it. The company's website has all this propaganda about being of Swedish manufacture but that is a lie....it's from China!

Pros:
  1. Very cool looking.
  2. Fast (up to 10km/hr)
  3. Huge storage
    Cons:
  1. Rudder is useless (did they even do some product testing???). Pedals are hard and vague. Resorted to using the skeg!
  2. No backband, seat pad or hip pads. thigh pads are not adjustable.
  3. Gellcoat...what gellcoat? Anything will scratch the finish. You can't even drag it up on a sandy beach without the paint coming off. The paint was coming off just trying to remove scratches with wax! There was also section inside the hull with nothing. I even say daylight at some seam locations.
  4. Even with the skeg deployed, this kayak cork screwed in 1-2ft waves. I'd be scared to go out in difficult conditions in this kayak...and I'm an experienced kayaker.
I was depressed that I might not be able to return or sell this thing as other people might already know how bad it was. At $3,000.00 Cdn (msrp) this is financial rape. I mistakenly thought that their poly boats were bad but their composite ones were better...they're not.

No matter what the price I cannot recommend this boat. I knew I had been fooled after two short outings.