Submitted: 08-13-2012 by Paul Hannah

I recently added a sprinter to my collection of kayaks (multisport and fishing) and it was an instant favourite as it is one boat that does it all - touring, fishing, child friendly, rugged and fast. I mostly paddle/fish offshore but it has also proven its worth fishing rivers upstream.

Its speed makes it a really enjoyable boat to paddle. On the first decent fishing trip I fished 30km of coastline, if I was in my Cabo or Scupper, my shoulders would have been drooping at the end of the 5 hour trip. I've had it out in 30knot wind and short steep chop and was impressed by its stability (especially secondary). When I am stationary fishing over reef offshore I have a small telescopic outrigger system which makes stability bombproof. If you have been kayak fishing for a while and want to step up the speed of your craft a few notches this is the kayak for you.