Submitted: 08-02-2012 by rblturtle

I have sold this boat, so I have no dog in the hunt. I bought it after trying Karen Knight's at AFS 2011. I found it to be the best handling solo royelex canoe I have ever paddled. I found and purchased one soon after. I have owned a royelex Yellowstone solo/wildfire and it handled and had speed much superior. It has fine lines for a royelex boat which is probably why.

For freestyle and fun, you can crawl are around in this boat without tipping which is a blast. I narrowed mine 1 1/2" to narrow the paddling station. it doesn't have enough freeboard for big moving water, but in easy stuff it is a good if wet ride. It's straight line paddling effort is definitely superior to the royelex competitors. I tripped in it for 3 days. The workmanship is great. I only sold it because or it's weight(50#) and length(I prefer shorter)
A great boat for a larger person.