Submitted: 07-27-2012 by jbc

Bought the 66 inch version of this trailer in April 2012. Have put a little over 1000 miles on it since then. Using it to haul a canoe (Old Town Saranac 146, 14.5 feet long). We have been very happy with this trailer so far.

Assembly was straightforward. I agree with the earlier poster who commented that the use of cotter pins on the wheel axles complicates tire changing if there is a flat tire, although I have not had to deal with that yet. The performance of the trailer is perfect; it tows well over everything from bumpy gravel roads to interstate highways. The trailer's light weight and integrated handle are very convenient in allowing one to unhook the trailer in tight spots and "walk" the boat to and from the water.

The ability to easily break it down and store it against a wall in the garage is reason we bought it. Re-assembly is equally easy. The only disadvantage is price, but I could not find another product that offered the quality and ease of use and storage at any price. We also bought the spare tire and the kickstand.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: