Submitted: 07-20-2012 by shirlann
I've had my Vector 14 for about 6 months, been kayaking for 17 years, own 13 kayaks, 7 of which are SOT's. This is not my first SOT, but it has been the best I've had so far. My previous 'fav' was a 14' Heritage Sea Dart. 'For me', at 5'2" it tracks very well, leans easily for turning, the seat is truly comfortable, and stable due to the depth at which one sits. I like the scupper plugs that came with the boat, but when going out onto big water, I remove the front ones to allow water, from big waves to escape quickly.

For those who say it is 'tippy', I suggest that can be due to individual torso height, paddling inexperience on an SOT, individual paddling style, or all around comfort with kayaks. Individual height and weight play a big part in fit for anyone when purchasing a canoe or kayak. Any kayak can be fun, if one learns to relax, have proper posture, learn techniques and don't try to choke your paddle to death.