Submitted: 07-17-2012 by edzep
I recently had a Kuroshio paddle, in black. I thought the finish and shapes were quite nice. The blades are very stiff. Paddle is suitably light. I did not mind the round, Euro-size loom, at all. Like the previous reviewer, I was disappointed in the bit of looseness at the joint. I was prepared to improve the joint with epoxy and sanding, but, it would have been wasted effort, due to the one other problem I had with the paddle: the loom was too short. It appears that Gearlab included the shoulders in their measurement of loom length, and, I found the loom 5 cm shorter than I expected, which would already have been a bit shorter than I'd prefer. Mine was a 220 cm paddle. In reviewing the stated loom to paddle lengths, I do not think the looms grow in length in proper proportion to the paddles. The company makes a shoulderless GP, as well. I would still consider giving one of them a try.