Submitted: 07-17-2012 by UM

Last year I built this boat and I am now paddling the second year with it. I love the boat and how it cuts though the water. The hull is very stiff and the boat is fast and stable and is tracking straight even in windy conditions.

My only complaint is the seat cushion that comes with the kit. Installing the foam seat cushion as proposed in the plans which is gluing the foam to the hull is too low and very uncomfortable to sit in for any period of time. When entering the boat water from the wet shoes and legs gathers right in front of the seat and you sit right in the puddle of water. I fixed the seat problem by cutting up an IKEA folding chair and using the wooden seat portion as a frame to glue the foam cushion on top and installing it into the boat. Not sure why the engineers that designed this boat could come up with a seat that matches the genius of the rest of the boat.