Submitted: 06-17-2012 by Bucky
I bought the Old Guide 119 recently at Dick's Sporting Goods. Used it once on a local pond with a single blade. Wx was fairly windy, and the single blade was adequate. This is a great quiet water boat; stable and tracks fairly well with the single blade. A long kayak paddle would bring out the best of this boat on open water.

For me, the 43 lbs (actually 46.2 lbs) was a chore to get on and off the Yakima racks on my pop-up truck camper. I just turned 65, and it's not a boat I want to carry very far to the water. I think this would be a good boat for a younger guy/gal, or for someone who didn't have a high lift to the racks. An open pickup bed would work good, too.

Returned the OT Guide 119 to Dick's, and got an Old Town Pack Angler at Kittery Trading Post (Maine) the other day. (Just got back from the Pack's maiden voyage on Harpswell Sound. Look for that review).

Thunder Bay Tourism: