Submitted: 06-05-2012 by Nature_Boy_1
Tippy? Well after all, it is a canoe, isn't it?
I come from years of paddling a 17' tandem aluminum with a standard keel and I'm very impressed with the stability of my new Pack. My second trip out was on a medium sized river with a relatively easy current. Paddling upstream with my two year old Cairn Terrier on her maiden voyage and using a kayak paddle for the first time in my life, along with trying to get some photos of my pup without the camera taking a swim had its own challenges, but keeping the decks up and the keel down was no problem in this little craft. Oh, and did I mention the wind was blowing?

Coming in at 63 years of age, I am not the most agile, but I must say, I am very impressed with the stability of my Pack canoe. And much like Greywolf, it was a dream to tie the pup to my belt, pick up my drybox in one hand, and snatch up that canoe with the paddle lashed to the thwart and seat, and head to the roof rack with it... Those folks at the picnic table a ways off just looked on with amazement.

Admittedly, the Pack is not for everyone, but it fits well in my stable alongside my Camper 15' tandem.