Submitted: 06-03-2012 by mebrooks1969

I bought the Pelican Castaway 116 based on price in 2009. I have used it ever since. This year, the kayak slowly takes on water. I troll for blues, mackeral, and gator trout etc for about 90 minutes and have to go back in to the beach to drain the kayak. I go out every afternoon after work for 3 hours. This is the first year that I have had this problem. Based on what I am reading this is a problem in the seams. I'm going to fill the boat with expanding foam completely to see if this will save the kayak from being thrown away. If not then I'm going to upgrade. If it will and the ride is acceptable, then I will continue to use it. I never use the storage compartment in the front and water probably is getting in there too. I take this yak out in 3-6 foot waves and the seal isn't that tight in the front.