Submitted: 05-09-2012 by SalmoSalar1

I have always owned canoes and boats of one sort or another but the XP10 Remix is my first kayak.
After doing some research, I purchased a Remix XP10 last year and haven't second guessed my decision since. I have used it for fishing in lakes, rivers and paddled in the ocean often.I installed a rod holder and even a sonar on a few of the outings.

Some of the ocean paddling was in three to four foot waves although the of my padding is in moderate conditions and I tend to use the kayak for lakes and the ocean rather than rivers so far, however, it is nice to have the option when the opportunity comes along. I plan more river runs but this does take a bit more planning for shuttles etc. I see that class 2-3 is commonly mentioned for the Remix and even class 4, however the latter class water was not in my plans and was not part of my decision to purchase.

I am pleased with the handling of this little boat as well as the room for gear provided by the back compartment, either for a day trip or an overnighter. to be honest there was a lot of different review for different boats and there was a Dagger supplier not far from me but I decided to go online and buy from a supplier in the US as, Liquid Logic wasn't available where I live.

I am 6'1" and 210lbs and over 50 years old and where the kayak is not a speed demon, I have no problem paddling in the 4-5km/hr range for extended periods. For speeds over 5km, you will burn some extra calories to get there and you will be creating a pretty good wake on still waters.

I boat is fairly comfortable for extended periods with the Badass outfitting. One three day weekend last summer, I covered 80km in the Remix which was all lake and ocean paddling. As mentioned in previous posts, the rear compartment isn't always water tight and could be improved upon.I didn't find this to be a big problem and knew about it before my purchase.

Another plus for me was that the boat is easy to transport and store. Overall I find the boat to fit into my intended usage very well.