Submitted: 04-11-2012 by Kurt

A couple years ago I was looking to buy a kayak and saw the Trophy 126 on sale at a local sporting goods store. It looked like a very nice kayak with nice storage space in the smaller front hatch and in the hatch behind the seat plus the bungees. So I bought it and took it out paddling and thought it was ok. Yes, my feet and legs we cramped a little and my butt hurt after about two hours of paddling... but I thought that was normal. (Come to find out after buying a much better quality kayak, this is not normal). This small kayak tracks ok (not great but ok), but is on the slow side. This kayak does have adjustable foot pegs too.

So as of January 2011, I bought a Tarpon 120 and have something to compare the Trophy 126 against. It's like comparing a Cadillac to a Chevette. I feel you are better off buying a more expensive better kayak than a cheaper one (Trophy 126) the first time around. If you plan on keeping your kayak, I would recommend spending a couple hundred dollars more on a better kayak b/c you will be so much more happier with the comfort, speed and tracking of the yak.